A student travel packing list of everything you will need on your adventure.
Our #1 packing tip: pack light! Preparation makes perfect, so use this packing list before heading out on your educational trip:
- Shoes – Bring two pairs for lots of walking and possible rain. No sandals or flip-flops!
- Clothes – Prepare with layers. Pack some shorts, a pair of jeans, a sweartshirt and small jacket, and in case the weather gets wet and/or cold, bring a hat and rain-proof clothes.
- Toiletries – Travel size items that fit in 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag. Hair dryers are straighteners are discouraged.
- Backpack, satchel, or purse – Anything you can carry the essentials (camera, cash, cellphone, etc.) inside of that zips or snaps shut.
- Sunscreen – It’s called “the great outdoors” for a reason (you’re outside…a lot).
- Spending money – At most, you might need an extra $20-$25 each day for snacks or souvenirs.
- Camera and batteries – These items will be hard to find on location, and will most likely cost more there than at home.
- Journal – For certain trips, Global Doing Good provides every traveler with a Travel Journal. However, you can always bring your own, small-sized notebook or journal for writing things down or sketching memories.